The lifeguard training will be about 29+ hours to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, your Red Cross certification will be valid for 2 years along with your Lifeguard certification.
If interested in becoming a lifeguard (LG), please stop by the front desk and ask for Robin, Cassi, of Hannah for more information. American Red Cross fees are covered by the overall cost of the course; the cost for new LGs is $155 and $65 for LG renewals, made payable to WAC.
**Completion of LG course is not a guarantee of employment.
- You must be at least 15 years of age.
- Complete a 300 yds. continuous swim using freestyle and breast strokes.
- Tread water for 2 min. using only legs (no hands).
- Timed 10 lb.-brick retrieval –> 1 min. 40 sec.
– Swim 20 yds. out.
– Surface dive 7-10 ft. down to retrieve brick.
– Return to starting point, swimming on back while holding brick with both hands.
– Place brick on deck and exit water without using ladder/steps.
BECOME A WAC LIFEGUARD
- Dates: TBA
- Times: TBA
- Cost: $155 for new LGs; $65 for recertifying LGs
- Contact Management at (307) 347-3455
**Completion of this course is not a guarantee of employment.