The lifeguard training will be about 29+ hours to complete the course. Upon successful completion of the course, your Red Cross certification will be valid for 2 years along with your Lifeguard certification.
If interested in becoming a lifeguard (LG), please stop by the front desk and ask management for more information. American Red Cross fees are covered by the overall cost of the course; the cost for new LGs is $155 and $65 for LG renewals, made payable to WAC.
- You must be at least 15 years of age.
- Complete a 300 yds. continuous swim using freestyle and breast strokes.
- Tread water for 2 min. using only legs (no hands).
- Timed 10 lb.-brick retrieval –> 1 min. 40 sec.
– Swim 20 yds. out.
– Surface dive 7-10 ft. down to retrieve brick.
– Return to starting point, swimming on back while holding brick with both hands.
– Place brick on deck and exit water without using ladder/steps.
BECOME A WAC LIFEGUARD
- Dates: TBA
- Times: TBA
- Cost: $155 for new LGs; $65 for recertifying LGs
- Contact Management at (307) 347-3455
**Completion of this course is not a guarantee of employment.