Date(s) - 01/11/2020
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Worland Aquatic Center
Water Safety & Awareness:
Be “In The Know” About Water Safety
WAC will be holding its first Water Safety & Awareness (WS&A) class. This is a classroom-based session, geared to provide information to parents and grandparents about safety around water, common misconceptions surrounding pool atmospheres, and helpful hints on how to be aware of the environment around you as you and your family play in water environments.
Some of the topics covered:
- Safety devices and how to use them
- Swimmer statistics
- Common water hazards to be aware of
- Primary duties of a lifeguard and what they look for to keep swimmers safe
- How parents can encourage safety around water
Attendees will not be in the water, but will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on activities around the pool. They will also have the option to learn hands-only CPR (this is an extra 2-hour AHA segment; small fee of $2 for student handbook).
- When: Jan. 11
- Time: Starts @ 9am
- Where: Worland Aquatic Center – Activity Room
- Who: Parents, Grandparents, or anyone who works with children are encouraged to come.
- Cost: Free with a suggested donation of $5/person
Space is limited, so please fill in the information below to reserve your spot before Jan. 9th. If you have further questions, please call us at (307) 347-3455. Hope to see you there!
**In the Single Line Text box below, type in “Hands-Only CPR” if you wish to participate in the optional CPR segment of the class.
**Space for the class is limited. If we exceed the allotted number of attendees, we will place your name on a list for the next class.