WORLAND AQUATIC CENTER RULES
Please read all postings in locker rooms, changing rooms, on door ways and on pool deck for your safety.
Children 4 and under must have an adult with them in the water at all times-this is a state guideline.
Children under the age of 8 must have an adult with them supervising from the pool deck or may be in the water as well.
Again, all rules posted in the facility are for health and safety purposes. Lifeguards and WAC staff will enforce all guidelines. We appreciate your observance and adherence in this matter.
WHISTLING AT THE POOL
Should you hear staff blow a whistle there are variations: Here are what each blowing of whistle means:
- One long whistle-clear the pool area and relocate to deck area and wait for further instructions. It will also mean a lifeguard is entering the water to rescue an active patron.
- One short whistle-means patrons are being warned to follow a rule or guideline that has been broken
- Two short whistles-means WAC staff are communicating to each other
- Three short whistles-clear the pool and the WAC Emergency Action Plan is into place, most likely 911 is being called and awaiting EMS to arrive.
DIVING BOARD AND DEEP AREA RULES
- Only one person on the diving board at a time.
- Only one bounce on the board.
- Make sure area is clear under diving board before jumping.
- Jump straight off the end of the board and swim to the nearest ladder.
- No flotation devices in diving well.
- Non swimmers are not allowed in deep area.
- No tossing objects to patrons jumping off the diving board.
- Failure to follow our guidelines regarding use of diving board and deep area may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges.
- Swimmers may be requested to pass a swim test prior to going off the diving board if swimming skill is in question.
*Swim test will be comprised of the following: 1 length (25 yards) without using the wall, lane lines, or standing on the bottom of the pool.
- Must be at least 48 inches to ride down the slide alone.
- If less than 48 inches they must ride with a responsible party of 15 years old or with an adult.
- No lifejackets, flotation devices or metal on swimsuits.
- Place goggles on forehead or wrist.
- Must go down the slide feet first sitting or on their backs.
- Lifeguard or attendant will give command to go down slide.
- Exit at stairs.
- Patrons with health conditions or who are pregnant should not use the slide.
- Failure to follow our guidelines regarding use of slide may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges.
- Only 10 patrons are allowed in spa.
- Children 5 years of age and under are not allowed in the spa.
- Children 6-11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- No horse playing or putting head under water.
- Limit use to 15 minutes or less.
- No flotation devices or toys in spa.
- Individuals with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, respiratory problems and those who are pregnant should avoid the use of spa.
- Failure to follow our guidelines regarding use of spa may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges.